Get your copy of my FREE Paleo Quick Start Guide!Download
Free Paleo Quick Start Guide

blog

Flourless Banana Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup

These pancakes will make any day extraordinary!

Angela's Featured on
by Angela Gallardo in Breakfast & Brunch, Recipes
banana pancakes
34 Comments
  1. Carrie says:

These protein pancakes look delish. I'm gonna be sending all of my personal training clients this recipe! Can't wait to try these tomorrow morning.

2. Angela Gallardo says:

Thanks for passing it along, Carrie! I hope they turn out great.

3. Janelle says:

These are officially on the menu for Sunday morning. My boys are gonna love them.

4. Angela Gallardo says:

Janelle, yay I'm so glad! I'm picturing a fun pancake morning for you and your boys. 🙂

5. Marissa says:

Wow! I'm so glad I found your blog. I love your pictures. Pancakes are one of those things I can eat anytime of day, and I never know when the craving is gonna strike. Thanks for sharing.

6. Angela Gallardo says:

Marissa, thanks for the sweet words! This is a quick recipe so it's sure to meet your cravings any time, day or night. 🙂

7. Sacha says:

Made these for breakfast this morning, utterly delicious – will definitely be making them again! Thanks for the recipe 🙂 (found on foodgawker)

8. Angela Gallardo says:

Sacha, it makes me so happy that you enjoyed the pancakes this morning!

9. Alyssa says:

Was a little hesitant about making these but I just tasted the first pancake of the batch and they are great! Best pancake without flour and sugar!

10. Angela Gallardo says:

Alyssa, so glad the recipe won you over! Who'd have thought no sugar would still taste so good! 🙂

11. Mattie says:

These are awesome! Both my one year old and I loved them! Work great to freeze as well! Thanks!

12. Angela Gallardo says:

Thanks, Mattie! They are DEF great kid food. I'm glad your little ones enjoyed them 🙂

13. Steve B. says:

These are unbelievably delicious!! So happy to find your blog and look forward to trying out your other recipes. I wanted to use less eggs, so I only used 1 egg and added another banana for moisture. I also tossed in 1/4 cup of coconut flour. My kids devoured them all before I was even able to get the blueberry syrup to the table. We will be making them again tomorrow.

1. Angela Gallardo says:

Steve, thanks for your comments! I’m so glad I could give your family a great new recipe! I also appreciate you sharing your experience because I do have a lot of readers that want to use less eggs. 🙂

14. Michele says:

I had 3 very ripe bananas, so adjusted the proportions to use them up. I found that I didn’t need much milk. I used the batter to make muffins- I do this often so that I don’t have to watch over batches of pancakes. They are a perfect breakfast or afternoon snack. Thanks for the great recipe!

1. Angela Gallardo says:

Michele-thank you for your comments! Your feedback is awesome. Muffins are a great idea, I’m going to try that myself!

15. Denise Staricha says:

Made the banana and oat pancakes but made them without eggs since I can’t eat eggs. They turned out perfect! SOOOOOO YUMMY! Thank you!

16. Sara says:

I was looking for a flour free pancake and your recipe was the first option that came up…what a score! Thank you so much for posting, these came out amazing!! I added some slivered almonds as topping while they were cooking, and about a quarter cup flax seeds to the batter, and loved the added nuttiness 😉
    Also didn’t have any honey, so I used maple syrup instead added some lemon juice to the blueberries for the topping!
    Total new sunday morning favorite!

17. Mercedes Suarez says:

that looks so good thanks for sharing!!

18. Jenny says:

Just made it today (almond flower version) and they were delicious! Thank you for this recipe.

1. Jenny says:

meant flour of course

1. Angela Gallardo says:

Haha, no judgment here! 🙂 I’m glad you enjoyed the pancakes and kudos for doing the grain-free version!

19. Kailee Cross says:

Made these this morning as I was over all of the usual breakfast choices – absolutely delicious! By any chance do you have the (average) nutritional information for it?

1. Angela Gallardo says:

So glad you loved them, Kailee! I put up the nutrition facts within the post. Though they’re only for the pancakes, not the syrup. Hope that helps!

20. shelley says:

i just don’t see the amount of oats to use???

1. Angela Gallardo says:

Hey Shelley! If you look at the ‘Note’ at the bottom of the recipe, it says equal amount of oats if you’re subbing out the almond flour.

21. Vanessa says:

Thank You, Thank You!!! For posting this recipe. I just made these and OMG!! New favorite. I’m a pancake lover, trying to eat healthier.

1. Angela Gallardo says:

So glad you like it, Vanessa! 🙂

22. Chelsea says:

Not to be nitpicky or anything, but this technically isn’t "paleo." Bananas, almonds and blueberries are all products of humans’ 10,000-year agricultural history. Just to lessen the confusion.

1. Angela Gallardo says:

Hey Chelsea — Honestly, that approach is too nitpicky for me. You won’t see me setting paleo rules like that here on my blog because I cook from a scientific-based paleo approach. There are other blogs out there where you can find recipes based solely on our ancestral agriculture, if that’s what you’re looking for.

23. melanie says:

Didn’t these used to be made with oat flour? They were my favorite! And now I can’t find the recipe… My gluten-free daughter just tested a high sensitivity to almonds. I’m wondering if we are going to see more of that as gluten-free, paleo folks are now eating their wait in nuts!!!

1. Angela Gallardo says:

Hey Melanie! So sorry about the confusion. I do now make them with almond flour and have had a lot of feedback that others prefer them that way. I feel you on the eating their weight in almond flour thing though, for sure. I’ve tried to limit our almond flour sweets cause of that. Anyhow, there’s a note at the bottom of the recipe saying to sub an equal amount of whole rolled oats if you want to use those instead. I’ll add some *’s so it’s a little more clear for others. Thanks! 🙂

24. Angie G. says:

These are our most favorite pancakes ever! For our family of 6 we double the recipe, and make them on the griddle using 1/8 cup serving size. For toppings we use frozen blueberries thawed and slivered almonds and sliced bananas. Ahhhh-mazing!!

1. Ahhh! Love this so much. Thank you for sharing your experience, Angie! Really helpful to know with the 1/8 cup serving size 🙂